Learning & family Resources
Here are some of our favorite websites, books, and other resources to help your child and family thrive.
Catholic Religion and Faith
Our parish and Archdiocesan resources
- Website for St. Peter's Parish.
- Website for the Archdiocese of San Francisco.
- Catholic Charities CYO Summer Camp
spirituality and prayer
- Information about our founders, the Sisters of Mercy.
- Local Retreat Centers:
- Daily online 3-Minute Retreat from Loyola Press in English and Spanish.
Reading and Writing
- Website for the San Francisco Public Library.
- Book lists by grade-level from Scholastic for Non-Fiction and Literature.
- Suggested writing activities from Scholastic:
- All students have access to Mathletics using their teacher-issued log-in information.
- IXL Math has activities for the skills students are learning at each grade-level.
- Learn the basics of financial liteacy on BizKids.
- Kids.gov has some fun and interesting science games for Grades K-5 and Grades 6-8.
- Discovery Kids inspires kids to explore the awesome world around them.
- Becoming a CSI: Students in Grades 6-8 can learn about forensic science skills with five cases.
- Explore the world, its people and wildlife on National Geographic Kids.
- Learn about the US Government with Ben Franklin on Ben's Guide to the US Government.
English as a second language resources
- Contact St. Peter's Parish for information about ESL classes on Saturday morning.
- The Lantern offers ESL Classes.
Health and Wellness Resources
active kids and families
- Suggestions for keeping your family active from the American Heart Association and the National Football League.
- Enjoy the Parks and Open Spaces in our City by the Bay from San Francisco Recreation and Parks
physical and mental health
- Information for parents about Emotional and Behavioral Health from Kids Health
- Family Health Center at the Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital